Friday, February 28, 2020


We have been having lots of fun this week learning about waste, and where it should go. We had the chance to teach our Kindergarten buddies how to properly sort their snack waste, and clean their recycling. Alongside this inquiry, the whole school has been learning about photography from our Artist in Residence, Sarah. We look forward to upcoming projects with photography!

In our words:
- We talked about waste with our Kindergarten buddies (SF).
- My buddy thought everything was compost (MH)
- One of my buddies guessed that the wrappers go in the recycling and she was right (RS)
- I was talking to my buddies and I told one of them "don't forget to clean out your yogurt bottle so that you can put it in the recycling!" (RJ)
- Map project: Group B finished the Earth and now we're putting the population on using gems (VS). Group A: The sun is finishing up with tissue paper (and the planets are all finished) SF. Group C: Canada map now has the population distribution with glitter.
- We tried to flip a tarp over while we were on it (ZM). We weren't successful but we had fun (MH).
- I found a giant ice chunk while we were outside today (RJ)
- I found lots of toys when we were outside. We think they may be from the Kindergartens (ZG)

Reminders:
- We do not have school tomorrow! WW. We only have 2 days off (SF)
- For Monday, I need to bring an item for photography (about tennis ball sized, good for birds eye view and ants eye view)
- On Monday, we're going through classes to collect garbage and recycling
- My homework is....to see the waste at home and where it goes (just noticing, tracking what I can WITHOUT 'dumpster diving'.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Week!

Hello grade 4s and families. We are headed into our final week of the school year. We have some fun celebrations ahead! I have added a co...