Monday, March 30, 2020

Hello grade 4 families,  

Thank you for your patience as we work through some necessary planning in preparation for resuming structured learning opportunities for your child. I understand there has been a lot of uncertainty about what learning is going to look like moving forward. I can assure you that we are going to work on key learning outcomes at-home within the parameters established by the province and CBE. 

To help me understand your family’s access to technology, can you please provide responses to the following three questions: 

  • Does your child have access to a computer, laptop, iPad/tablet, smart phone?  
  • Does your child have access to the Internet?  
  • Is your only option a paper-based education for your child? 
  
While the lessons I will be providing are aimed to minimize technology, there will still be times where we will need to rely on technology as a resource. It is important that your child knows their CBE ID#, email and password. The CBE ID# can be found on their digital report card through PowerSchool. When you check in and reply to this email, I will send you your child’s email and password. 
                                                                                                                                           
Starting Friday April 3, you will receive from me a weekly learning plan for the upcoming week. Each week’s plan will highlight what we are working on, various resources and an explanation of your child’s activities or tasks. 
  
I will have Grade 4 learning plan, for this week, communicated to families via email and blog by the end of the day on Tuesday March 31. In the meantime, your child can practice their multiplication and division facts (single digit), through the games sent home prior to the break. They can also read for 30 minutes a day (at least) and write a journal. Keeping a regular personal journal is great for practicing writing skills and for wellness. 
  
I will primarily be communicating with you and your child via email with all learning plans also posted to the blog. As time moves on, I also intend to use Google classroom and if necessary, will replicate lessons into a paper format. 
  
Students and/or parents can reach out to me for help or for clarification via e-mail at sgbrandley@cbe.ab.ca. If you have questions during the weekday, I expect to be able to answer most questions that same day. If specific support is needed, I can also be available to call you at a scheduled time that is convenient for you. 
  
I recognize this is new for most of us and we will get through this together. I am here for your child and look forward to being in regular contact with your child and yourself. 

Take care, 
Ms. Brandley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Week!

Hello grade 4s and families. We are headed into our final week of the school year. We have some fun celebrations ahead! I have added a co...